"The idea was to have small mini games that would really make use of the Wii U Gamepad," the developer said. "In the end we had a lot of work with bringing the DLC up to the level of quality that we intended, so scrapping the Magic Mayhem for the launch window made sense."
As for the company's plans for another game in the series, a third game was said to be a "no brainer." Still, the developer doesn't want it to "feel like Trine 2.5, but rather a large leap and something even more awe inspiring."
"We will be moving on to other IP as we feel this is the best way for us to grow as a company. 2013 will be quite a year for us and we aim to please with some cool announcements," Frozenbyte said.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18