Double Fine's The Cave is set for exploration starting January 22 on PlayStation Network and Wii U, designer Ron Gilbert revealed today. The XBLA and Steam versions will follow one day later. "Plus ... Mac and Linux on Steam Play!!" Gilbert noted, which means the Steam release will not be PC only.
The Cave puts player-chosen three-character parties into a strange, animate cave that speaks as you explore it. We assume solving the mysteries within isn't as simple as just asking the cave what its deal is.
Update: Sega confirmed the dates Gilbert announced, along with some prices. The Cave has an admission fee of $14.99 on PSN, Wii U's eShop, and Steam, and 1200 MSP on XBLM.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One