Epic Mickey, released in November 2010, reportedly sold 1.3 million copies by the close of that year. If accurate, Epic Mickey 2's sales represent a commercial plummet for the series, despite the sequel coming to PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U last year in addition to the Wii, not to mention the 700 or so people who worked on the game.
In a recent interview, Epic Mickey creator Warren Spector showed plenty of interest in continuing his series, saying "there are plenty of stories still to tell about Wasteland and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Mickey Mouse." Going by these figures, Disney might not share his enthusiasm.
Update: New information provided places Epic Mickey 2 sales at 529,000 copies in US since November 2012 launch.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One