"For all those @tombraider fans asking. There are no plans to release a demo of the game pre-launch. We don't want to spoil the story," tweeted Global Brand Director Karl Stewart. "We've weaved such an personal story we don't believe spoiling it by having you wait a week or so to play on, delivers on our promise."
While pre-release demos are typical, it's not rare to see them pop up after the game arrives on retail shelves. Nonetheless, the news and the reasons given by Stewart are somewhat surprising given how much exposure the game's opening act has already received. A different part of the game may make for a better demo, but would lack the context Crystal Dynamics has crafted in this story-driven reboot.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One