This is my favorite cinematic trope of all time.
So is there a set-in lore reason for the varied strengths of the different Shas? I know there is something to gameplay considerations, but it's hard for me to see a 5 man take down the Sha of Violence when the Shas of Anger and Crayola/Fear take so many more. Is it just based on how we feed into their energy?
It's 100% gameplay. It also helps to remember that our characters are basically superheroes at this point, but, yeah. Gameplay.
So, 480 ilvl is required for the new RF is there a recommended ilvl for normal mode of the new raid ? The guild group is running behind and we're trying to figure out if we can skip some of the gear from TES.
On the PTR, everyone's gear was adjusted to be ilvl 502 in the raid, but it's safe to be lower than that -- normal mode gear from the last tier should put you around 490, which is a good benchmark. Skill can make up a small ilvl deficit, too.
Blue Child? Will the next expansion or two feature this? It seems they are really foreshadowing both moons and Elune. I would love to find another portal. I think it is time for Ethereal to be playable.
Personally, I think we'll fly to the Blue Child on a whale.
Seriously though, send me into space again, Blizzard.
More 5.2 questions.
1. Do you start at neutral rep with Shado-Pan Assault? If so, then I can buy the VP necklace (that requires neutral rep) immediately after the patch?
2. How long will it take to get to Friendly? One week of raids? So if I do normal raiding it will be after I kill... how many bosses exactly?
3. I understand you cannot do Normal mode and LFR mode and get rep for each. Is this correct? Someone posted on Wowhead you can get rep for killing trash in Normal mode up to Honored. Does this mean we will see pug "trash runs" to get rep to Friendly so we can spend our 3000 saved VP (since LFR will be delayed a week)?
1. Yes, it looks that way.
2. It should only take a boss or two to reach Friendly, according to Zarhym.
3. Correct -- you can only get rep for each boss once a week no matter how many difficulties you attempt it on.
What other mmos do you play? I'm not generally an mmo fan (alrthough I love Warcraft, obviously), but I The Secret World has intrigued me and I wanna try it out. What are your thoughts (or on other mmos) ?
I play The Secret World and it's very good, especially since subscription is optional now. Great writing and atmosphere, open-ended character progression. Definitely worth picking up.
Have questions about the World of Warcraft? The WoW Insider crew is here with The Queue, our daily Q&A column. Leave your questions in the comments, and we'll do our best to answer 'em!