Turns out that while Nintendo and EA talked shop, Crytek was doing more than twiddling its thumbs – it had Crysis 3 almost ready to lauch on the Wii U.
"We did have Crysis 3 running on the Wii U," Yerli tells Venture Beat. "We were very close to launching it. But there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn't launch on the Wii U ourselves – we don't have a publishing license – Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."
We'd like to think its death was quick and painless, but one year of touch-and-go doesn't sound like either of those things.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18