Yesterday's BitSummit indie developer event in Kyoto proved its importance when Cave Story creator Daisuke Amaya unveiled his new game, Gero Blaster, an iPhone run-and-gun about a bipedal frog named Kaeru ("Frog") trying to save his cat girlfriend.
It's due for iOS release in May; however, Nicalis producer Tyrone Rodriguez, who has worked with Pixel on various versions of Cave Story, Ikachan, and more, brandished a 3DS running Gero Blaster, posting a picture on Twitter as proof. There are no details about the 3DS plans yet, or any for other platforms, but the existence of the prototype is heartening.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Apple iPhone 6