Trade publication MCV has quotes from two different retail buyers, the first noting the natural sales bump has "resulted in a smaller than desired increase" and the other saying the thing Nintendo really doesn't want to hear: "They've got to do something otherwise it is GameCube all over again."
For its part, Nintendo Europe says it is reaching out to retailers directly over the next few weeks to highlight the "strong and broad line-up of software launching this year." Console price reductions are more flexible in the UK than they are in the States.
Meanwhile, TechRadar mentions Wii Mini sales aren't doing much better in the UK. The site reports demand for the unit has been exceptionally poor. The Wii Mini sold 37.5K units in Canadian market, which Nintendo was pleased about.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii U