Capcom's planned releases of games for Capcom Arcade Cabinet come to an end today with Son Son and Pirate Ship Higemaru, illustrating the bizarre trajectory of Capcom's historical re-releases.
Rather than follow the history of the company in a linear fashion, Capcom released packs of games from 1987, then 1985, 1986, 1985 again, and finally 1984, with bonus games from 1988 and 1984 (Vulgus is Capcom's first arcade game). It's easy to overlook the haphazard plan behind these releases in favor of, you know, just enjoying some old games, but now that the push is over we're looking back for the first time and realizing: Capcom Arcade Cabinet is pretty odd.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One