Under the agreement, EA retains the exclusive rights to FIFA-branded games, including the exclusive rights to the official FIFA World Cup game. In the executive understatement of the week, EA Sports EVP Andrew Wilson said, "EA Sports released the first FIFA-branded soccer game in 1993, and 20 years later our partnership with FIFA continues to be very strong."
FIFA 13 sold 14.5 million units through March, EA announced yesterday as part of its year-end financial results. That's up 30 percent from FIFA 12's sales the prior year. The franchise is doing so well that maybe folks in the States will start calling it football soon. We joke, Madden, we still love you too, baby.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One