The Netflix app on PS3 has been updated, bringing closer design parity with web and mobile applications to the PS3. Netflix has fixed audio stream and subtitle issues in this update, allowing users to fiddle with these while watching content. Before, you had to back out back to the front-end to enable subtitles. If you've got a PS3 Blu-ray remote, just hit the subtitles button to enable.
The "trickplay" component – a fancy term for fast-forwarding and rewinding through a particular program – has been tweaked to show more image still previews while scanning through content. You can also instantly rewind whatever you're watching ten seconds by pressing left on the DualShock dpad or PlayStation remote.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25