The striped 3DS XL, which rather resembles 1960s wallpaper, was spotted by Hachima being advertized in one of Japan's official Pokémon Center stores. Like last year's Charizard 3DS XL, the ¥18,900 system ($185) is only available via reservations, which then go into a lottery to win the chance to buy the system. In other words, this is one of those times when the words 'limited edition' genuinely apply. The lottery is being held until June 3.
More freely available is the Metallic Red 3DS below, which will be released for ¥15,000 ($147) on June 13. Like the Light Blue and Gloss Pink models announced earlier this year, it includes a 4GB SD card.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo 3DS XL