You can also check the roundup below for more of this week's WoW news, from patch 5.3 and elsewhere. Realm maintenance begins at 3 a.m. PDT today and is expected to last 8 hours, so you'll have time.
Hot news and features
- Here's what WoW newbies should know about new patches.
- We have a guide to the lore and story of patch 5.3.
- Patch 5.3 will allow you level mining and herbalism exclusively in Pandaria.
- We have a roundup of patch 5.3's battle pet changes.
- We have a preview of some new patch 5.3 scenarios, including The Secrets of Ragefire and Battle on the High Seas.
- Blizzard has posted some patch 5.3 interviews of their with Tom Chilton.
- Check out the final patch 5.3 PTR note updates for March 14.
- Ghostcrawler outlines some Vengeance changes coming to the patch 5.4 PTR.
- Convert to Raid interviews Blizzard's Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas.
Class news and guides
- Blood Pact catches up on patch 5.3 for warlocks.
- Should you be playing a druid? We'll help you decide.
- The Light And How To Swing It has a Throne of Thunder cheat sheet for retribution paladins.
- Encrypted Text has a list of 5 essential rogue macros.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors looks at warrior representation in the current game.
- Lichborne discusses the possible death of festerblight.
- Gold Capped helps you end those pesky AH scans forever.
- Blood Sport answers your patch 5.3 PvP questions.
- Ghostcrawler recently commented that people think there's more raiders and multiboxers than there actually are.
- Know Your Lore discusses the magical backstory of the original worgen and theorizes about the true nature of ancients and celestials.
- Check out a new warrior card for the Hearthstone card game.
- Dawn of the Aspects IV is out. Check out this preview and our review.
- WoW TCG designers Cryptozoic just met their goal on a Kickstarter for a computer game of their own.
- Blizzard COO Paul Sams and the University of Texas are launching a game design academy.