House Oversight Committee Chairman Michael J. Marcello said the state will launch the hearing process shortly based on the "thousands of pages" of documents it received this week, in response to a public information request made over a month ago.
The committee will focus on two issues: Did the state properly retain an independent, third party to monitor and assess 38 Studios' financial standing? And what happens if the state decides not to pay the loan, which amounts to nearly $113 million after interest.
Governor Lincoln Chafee's administration believes the state, which has no legal necessity to pay the loan, does have a "moral obligation." Chafee's proposed state budget (which needs to be approved by July 1) does factor in an initial $2.5 million payment, with $12.5 million paid out over the next seven years.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One