Iizuka notes that Sonic: Lost World features unique content on the Nintendo 3DS. Though it shares similar settings with its Wii U counterpart, level layouts are entirely different in order "to match the screen size and hardware so players can enjoy both versions with a fresh feeling," Iizuka said.
The 3DS version also boasts an exclusive versus mode for up to four players, along with features that can be unlocked by linking with the Wii U edition.
Dimps previously tackled the Sonic Rush series on the Nintendo DS, and worked with Sonic Team to produce both episodes of Sonic the Hedgehog 4. The company was also responsible for the portable versions of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27