The hoots and hollers you heard during the live stream were genuine - instead of the seat fillers you usually hear during press conferences. It's going to be interesting to see what happens this fall when consumers make their next-gen console decision between PlayStation 4 and... what was the name of the other one again?
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@Sliwinski): I need to play a game. How I spent an entire week at E3 and didn't touch a controller is still unacceptable.
- Danny Cowan (@Sardoose): Still working my way toward 100 friends in Toro's Friend Network (I'm at 78 right now). Animal Crossing: New Leaf is quickly taking over my life, though. When do I get a slingshot? Those balloons are taunting me!
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I'm headed to the east coast for a wedding and to visit family, so good thing I brought my iPad. After a few matches of Solstice Arena with Schramm, I'll probably be playing a lot of that.
- Jess Conditt (@JessConditt): Super Hexagon. All of the Super Hexagon.
- Jordan Mallory (@Jordan_Mallory): Assuming I don't make a new single-serving friend on the way back to Texas (Hi Sahaja!), I'll be crossing as many animals as possible until my 3DS battery dies.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I also need to wrap up The Last of Us, but perhaps I should try something less intense to unwind after E3. Amnesia?
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): Solstice Arena for iOS is legit, despite being freemium and published by Zynga. Also, after playing and enjoying it on the PS3 at E3, I'm anxious to get back to the PC version of Diablo 3.
- Mike Suszek (@MikeSuszek): I've been neglecting my duties in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, so I'll be catching up on that.
- Richard Mitchell (@TheRichardM): I'll be spending the plane ride home playing Soul Sacrifice. Once I'm home, I'm playing Hug My Wife, Cuddle the Doggies and Get All the Sleeps.
- Sinan Kubba (@Shoinan): I'll be doing the tourist thing in LA on Saturday. If I can somehow manage it I'll play some more Disgaea 3 on the 20-year flight back.
- Steven Wong: I might spend some time playing Monster Loves You if I don't decide to take a little break from gaming this weekend.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Since I live in Los Angeles, it's a quick drive back to my place where all of my video games are located! Will I play The Last of Us? Probably. Will that eventually turn into me turning on EVE Online and melting away the hours? Most likely. Gotta get dat ore!