In what the NPD claims was a slow month overall, the 3DS landed three different games on the top 10 (including Donkey Kong Country Returns at number three, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at number five, and Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes at number 10), and saw a sixty percent growth in software sales overall since last May. 3DS hardware sales were only even year-over-year, but that was enough to finally supplant the Xbox 360 as the top-selling platform.
The other consoles didn't fare quite so well, with Injustice: Gods Among Us keeping the top spot for video game sales. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 jumped back up into the number two spot, and Battlefield 3 reappeared at number nine. Metro: Last Light had a relatively successful showing in the number six spot, while Trion's Defiance MMO fell right off the list, after starting off at number five in April.
Accessories saw a six-percent drop to $115.3 million, according to the NPD, with most of that money coming from Skylanders.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, Wii U)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS, Wii)
- Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- Metro: Last Light (360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
- Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, PS3, PC, DS, 3DS, PS Vita, Wii U)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Microsoft Xbox 360