Nintendo secured a series of Wii U-related domain names in 2011 – including wii-u.com and wii-u.net – but an unnamed registrant snapped up the coveted wiiu.com domain in 2004, before the original Wii console was announced.
Nintendo filed a cybersquatting complaint in a bid for domain ownership in February, which the WIPO subsequently denied. Nintendo will now need to contact wiiu.com's domain owner directly in order to negotiate a purchase.
Microsoft recently filed a similar domain dispute with the National Arbitration Forum in an attempt to claim ownership of the xboxone.com and xboxone.net domains.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18