"We really just read about it in the news," Parker said, "that they were going bankrupt, that someone else bought [the rights to] the game." Facing potential cancellation, the pair joked, "Oh, good, it's over!"
The duo's enthusiasm for the project picked up once Ubisoft acquired publishing rights for The Stick of Truth. "Once we heard who had bought it, we got really excited," Parker said. "We flew up to [Ubisoft] and all that momentum picked up and we got really excited again."
South Park: The Stick of Truth will launch for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC platforms on November 19.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One