Another round of patch note changes been released for the patch 5.4 PTR. Vengeance has once again received several changes that tanks should probably look over, as well as the usual round of minor class updates. More importantly, two changes have been made to current content that ought to be interesting for players looking to get caught up to the latest raid.
- Vengeance now has diminishing returns while tanking multiple targets -- each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
- All enemies in the Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%.
- Heroic Scenarios no longer have a minimum ilvl requirement to enter.
You can see the full list of patch notes at the official site
, but if you'd just like a list of the new changes, follow after the break for a consolidated list.
New Area: Timeless Isle
- Players seeking to explore the Timeless Isle should visit their faction's shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
check their mailboxes, where a Curious Ticking Parcel awaits. Unwrapping it will set you on the first step of your new adventure.
- Vengeance has received several changes.
- Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
- Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
- There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
- Wild Mushroom and Wild Mushroom: Bloom now have a shared 3-second cooldown.
- The following Hunter pet abilities no longer cost Focus to use: Dash, Dive, and Charge.
- Revival's healing has been reduced by 30%.
- Storm, Earth and Fire now deals 75% damage (up from 60%) with one Spirit summoned and 60% (up from 45%) with two Spirits summoned.
- Glyph of Targeted Expulsion now causes Expel Harm to heal for 50% as much when used on other targets.
- Holy Insight now increases the effectiveness of Eternal Flame, Light of Dawn, and Word of Glory by 50%. Effectiveness of other heals are still increased by 25%.
- Eternal Flame's periodic heal-over-time effect now heals for 40% more.
- Sacred Shield
- Holy: Sacred Shield now applies its damage absorption shield immediately, can be active on more than one target at a time, but the talent now costs mana and has 3 charges with a 10-second recharge.
- Protection and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.
- Major Glyphs
- Glyph of the Battle Healer has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight to no longer heal the Paladin. Instead, a nearby raid or party member will receive healing for 30% of the amount the Paladin would have received from Seal of Insight.
- Shadow Word: Death damage is now increased by 80% when used on enemies that have less than 20% health, but the cooldown is no longer reset if the target does not die.
- Evasion now increases dodge chance by 100% (was 50%), cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes (down from 3 minutes), and duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Purification now increases the healing done by Healing Rain by 100% in addition to the ability's current effects.
- Glyph of Healing Storm no longer increases the healing of Healing Rain.
- Major Glyphs
- Glyph of Everlasting Affliction has been replaced by Glyph of Eternal Resolve.
- Glyph of Eternal Resolve: Changes Unending Resolve into a passive ability that provides a constant 10% reduction to damage taken.
- Glyph of Soul Swap has been replaced with Glyph of Havoc.
- Glyph of Havoc: Havoc gains 3 additional charges, but the cooldown is increased by 35 seconds.
Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- Battle, Berserker and Defensive Stance [alternative: Warrior Stances] now have a 1.5-second cooldown (down from 3 seconds).
- Intervene now also breaks roots and snares when used.
- All enemies in Throne of Thunder now have a debuff called Shado-Pan Onslaught, which reduces their health and damage by 20%.
- Heroic Scenarios no longer have a minimum item level requirement to enter.
- Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances for those effects have been adjusted to compensate.