Splinter Cell: Blacklist will not feature an offline co-op component on Wii U.
Producer Liu Jun has confirmed the news with NintendoLife, citing the pressure to ship the Wii U version alongside other platforms as the reason behind the missing feature. "In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature. But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."
Ubisoft Shanghai is the lead developer on the Wii U version, which looks like it'll offer some useful WiiPad functionality when it launches later this month. Outside of the omission of local co-op play, the Wii U version features are identical to its PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 brethren.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18