Speaking of keeping informed, a few of the funded projects found themselves in the news lately -- and we mean more than just crowdfunding king Star Citizen! And we've got it all rounded up right here for your perusing pleasure.
Dream a little dream, get a little green, and before long you'll have your very own MMO... at least that's what these developers are hoping! Games seeking funding to make their plans a reality are listed in this section.
Citadel of Sorcery (MMO Magic, Inc.): Open donations, no end date
- A vast, dynamic world where nothing is set in stone and each player will experience the game in very different ways
- Massively interview
- Browser-based free-to-play action MMO with three roles (healer, DPS, tank), quests, but no trade
- Contains no Zombies, Orcs, or Elves!
- Mobile game with real-time pet battles, PvP arenas, and more
- Massively news
- A MMORPG/RTS mix with three classes (Mayor, Farmer, Tradesman) and plans to release on all platforms
Success has its privileges, like a spot in this section! Games that have reached their crowdfunding goals and are in current development are listed here. Once a game reaches the closed testing stage, it will move to the hallowed halls of Betawatch.
- Camelot Unchained (City State): Official site
- Recent news: Adds staff and roadmap; status update
- Elite: Dangerous (Frontier Developments): Kickstarter page; forums
- Embers of Caerus (Forsaken Studios): Official site
- Face of Mankind (Nexeon Technologies): Official site
- Greed Monger: Official site
- HEX: Shards of Fate (Cryptozoic Entertainment): Official site
- Pathfinder Online (Goblinworks): Official site
- Recent news: Dev blog on encumbrance
- Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues (Portalarium): Official site
- Recent news: Content creation kit
- Star Citizen (Cloud Imperium): Official site
- Recent news: Breaking $15 million