Ghost Song will take place on Lorian V, a moon riddled with the mutated corpses and ghosts of past explorers. Ghosts are freed from existence once their physical remains are destroyed, a mercy the game's protagonist is determined to distribute.
Ghost Song Lead Matt White cites Super Metroid as an influence to its gameplay and Dark Souls as a reassurance that hiding interesting areas behind trick walls is actually okay. Despite the latter influence, the game's Kickstarter page describes a "tough but fair" mentality with "optional areas that may be a bit harder."
At the time of this writing, Ghost Song has obtained $22,618 of its initial $15,000 goal. The Kickstarter campaign will conclude on September 4.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18