Those who like their platforming semi-portable will be pleased to know the Wii U version supports off-TV play, as well as featuring a new easy mode – don't be fooled by the cutesy look, Twisted Dreams can be a tricksy hobbit when it wants, even on Normal mode.
Meanwhile, the game's Steam version is getting new DLC in September. The punfully titled 'Rise of the Owlverlord' includes seven levels, new music, and an owl commander boss to take down, all of which sounds like a hoot. It comes to Steam in September, priced $4.99, a DRM-free version due sometime after.
If you're wondering, Black Forest Games hasn't forgotten the game's Kickstarter roots. Backers who pledged $25 towards the Giana Kickstarter get the Owlverlord DLC for free, as do those who put $15 towards Ravensdale fundraiser, despite the extreme likelihood it won't achieve its goal.
GIANA'S Adventures Continue on Steam and Wii U
BLACK FOREST GAMES SUCCESSFULLY KICKSTARTED JUMP'N'RUN WILL BE AVAILABLE ON NINTENDO'S WII U GAMING SYSTEM IN AUGUST AND WITH NEW ADVENTURES ON STEAM IN SEPTEMBER.
Offenburg, August 12th, 2013 – Independent game developer Black Forest Games announces that their twisted platformer, GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS will be released in Nintendo's eShop in Europe and Australia on August 22nd (US and APAC region schedules still to be confirmed). The game will be available for 14.99€.
After a hugely successful campaign on Kickstarter and releases for Windows-PC, Xbox360 and PS3, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will be finally available for Nintendo fans in the EU and Australia, making this the first Kickstarted project that hits all major gaming platforms. Casual gamers will find the new easy mode appealing, while hard core gamers will still be challenged by Hardcore and Uberhardcore game modes. Giana Sisters for Wii U also utilizes Wii U GamePad as a mobile playing device.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord DLC to be released on Steam in September
Shortly after, Black Forest Games will release Giana's continued adventures on Steam. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord features seven newly designed levels, an owl new boss level and more tracks from Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian del Priore and Machinae Supremacy. It will be available for $4.99 (4,99€) in September 2013 on Steam, followed by a DRM free version shortly after. This additional adventure is free for all backers of the Project Giana Kickstarter who pledged 25$ or more for Giana. There will also be a new reward pack for Project Ravensdale: Every backer who pledged $15 or more to Project Ravensdale will get the new adventure in GSTD - Rise of the Owlverlord for free.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Wii U Features
• Mobile – fully playable on the Wii U GamePad.
• Casual welcome – New easy mode for casual gamers. Hardcore and Uberhardcore Mode still supported.
• Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
• Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana's dreams. It's up to you.
• Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn't matter how often you'll see it, you'll detect new details every time.
• Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
• Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck's tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
• Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You'll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord Features
• More Levels – Seven new levels set in an exotic above the clouds setting.
• More ease of play – New tutorial level to help beginners to get started.
• More Story - New narrative loading screens.
• More Sound – additional tracks from Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian del Priore and Machine Supremacy.
• More collectibles - 19 New achievements and gallery items to collect.
• Meet the new Boss - the mysterious Owlverlord, commandeering his army of minion owls aboard a flying fortress in the skies.
Screenshots and more details about the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams are available on Black Forest Games' website: http://www.GianaSistersTwistedDreams.com
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is an aesthetically pleasing journey that's as gorgeous as it is taxing, blending new ideas and old concepts in the same way punk and cute Giana co-exist.
Esmeralda Portillo, Inside gaming daily/Machinima
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams looks, plays and sounds terrific. The challenge is balanced nicely with the tight controls and frequent checkpoints, and failure never became overly frustrating.
Dave Payerle, ztgd.com
"...it's a very thoughtfully arranged, challenging platformer that six months after its initial release holds up just as well. This currently is, quite frankly, the jump and run of choice."
Martin Woger, Eurogamer.de
Follow us on
About Black Forest Games:
Founded in 2012, Black Forest Games is an independent game studio focused on high-quality video games. The studio is based in Offenburg, Germany, and currently employs a team of 40 international industry professionals who specialize in building games for all major game platforms. For more information on Black Forest Games please visit the official website at www.black-forest-games.com.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18