Thief is snatching a spot on retailer shelves for a proposed launch date of February 25, 2014 in North America, and February 28 in Europe and other PAL regions. Eidos Montreal's reboot recasts the cynical protagonist, Garrett, as a lone liberator of valuables in a city swelling into civil unrest.
First announced as a sequel in 2009, Thief has endured claims of troubled development (when is that not the case for major games?) and questioned leadership. It has been a dark project by public accounts, but it wouldn't quite be the first one in the franchise's long history.
Thief will distribute its pilferage across several platforms next year, including PC (download), Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One
Sony PlayStation 4