"The fans are really excited to get their hands on the new technology," Corre said. "It has been eight years without a home console from Sony or Microsoft so we feel a lot of excitement from our fans for Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed 4. The pre-orders we are getting are much bigger on our next-gen games." This comes nearly a month after EA's Peter Moore noted that pre-orders on current-generation sports games for the publisher were notably soft.
"So we feel that the transition might be quicker," Corre added. "There is a real appetite for change." We'll have a better idea of just how hungry players are for new consoles when the Xbox One and PS4 launch this holiday season.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One