House confirmed a number of games will be available for the "limited time" offer, including Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4. Activision, Ubisoft, EA and Warner Bros. were noted as publishers partnering with Sony on the upgrade initiative. It's unclear if the program will be available worldwide.
Unlike similar retailer offers revealed for Xbox One software earlier this week, Sony's plan is to offer the discounted games through its own digital storefront.
PlayStation 4 launches in North America on November 15 and in Europe on November 29.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4