The Apocalypse DLC pack premiered for the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops 2 last month, adding the Pod, Frost, Dig, and Takeoff multiplayer maps. The pack also introduces Origins, a World War I-era mode that stars the heroes from Call of Duty: World at War's first Zombies map.
Black Ops 2's Apocalypse DLC will hit the PlayStation 3 and PC on September 26. The pack will be released as a free download for Season Pass buyers, and is priced separately at $14.99.
Coming to PlayStation®3 and PC Fans 26th September
London, UK - 4th September, 2013 - On 26th September, the epic season of Downloadable Content (DLC) for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II culminates with the release of Apocalypse for PlayStation®3 and PC fans. The fourth and final DLC Pack from Activision and its award-winning studio Treyarch lets players dig into four thrilling and diverse multiplayer maps, as well as Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Origins – the all-new, wildly creative Zombies experience that reunites players with the original heroes going back to Call of Duty®: World at War, and closes this chapter of the Zombies story arch for Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse multiplayer maps include:
· Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70's has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
· Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
· Takeoff: Fans of "Stadium" from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on "Takeoff." Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
· Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favourite "Courtyard" from Call of Duty®: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of "Courtyard" with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
Apocalypse also features Origins, the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to a Dieselpunk-stylised World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes – Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen – from the very first Zombies map featured in Call of Duty: World at War, as well as hordes of undead that have overrun the French countryside's trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of an ancient and mysterious location.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse DLC Pack is available individually a la carte or for download by season pass holders. Call of Duty: Black Ops II game (sold separately) is required to play this Map Pack.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25