Disney Infinity players on Xbox 360, Wii U and PS3 now have five free custom-built toy boxes to check out, courtesy of Disney Interactive. Among the five levels offered is "Toy Columbia," described as a "sprawling city in the sky with infinite possibilities." The level looks strikingly similar to the same Columbia in BioShock Infinite, though Disney doesn't (or rather, can't) say it outright.
The other four toy boxes now available are Sky Gauntlet, Jungle Cruise, Trench Run and Blue Breakout. Disney Infinity is also available on PC and 3DS, though the DLC wasn't mentioned for those platforms in Disney's announcement.
TO DOWNLOAD FREE FOR DISNEY INFINITY
Toy Columbia Toy Box
LONDON, UK – [5th September 2013] - Today, Disney Interactive releases five new custom-built Toy Boxes for Disney Infinity players. The new Toy Boxes are available now for download free of charge on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U. The new set of screenshots and videos showcase a variety of ways that players can build and customize their own worlds in the Toy Box mode.
Here are the five free Toy Boxes available now for download:
1. Toy Columbia – Explore a sprawling city in the sky with infinite possibilities.
2. Sky Gauntlet – Put platforming skills to the test in a series of complicated challenges.
3. Jungle Cruise – Become the skipper in a Jungle Cruise-inspired Toy Box, full of adventure, peril, and puns.
4. Trench Run – Pilot a Tron Recognizer through an obstacle-filled trench to save the galaxy.
5. Blue Breakout – Players must find their way out of this maddening blue maze.
Disney Infinity is available in stores now for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.
Players can download the new Toy Boxes by selecting "Toy Box" from the Disney Infinity Main Menu and then select "Toy Box Share" and "Disney's Toy Boxes." Once there they will see a list of all the featured Toy Boxes and can choose one to download. They will be able to come back every week for new Toy Boxes. Players should also let us know what they want to see because Disney Infinity developers will soon begin creating content based on player suggestions.
As a refresher, Disney Infinity's Toy Box is a wide-open space that gives players free range to create entire levels or worlds of their own. Players can upload their creation onto Disney's server and Disney will curate and release the best ones so all gamers can experience the magic.
About Disney Infinity
Disney Infinity is an all-new video game initiative starring the beloved characters from Walt Disney and Pixar Studios' most popular franchises. Players can place real-world toy versions of their favorite Disney characters onto a device called the Infinity Base and transport them into the virtual game worlds of Monsters University, the Incredibles, Cars, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Lone Ranger, as well as into a giant Toy Box.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One