Criterion creative director Alex Ward outlined the studio's current status via Twitter, confirming that Criterion is now "a small team."
Between 60 and 65 Criterion employees were reassigned to Sweden-based EA subsidiary Ghost Games in order to assist in developing the upcoming multiplatform racer Need for Speed: Rivals. Ward explains that the departing staff has since joined a new team, Ghost UK.
Prior to its staff reduction, Criterion developed recent Need for Speed series entries Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted. Criterion confirmed earlier this year that its current project is not a racing game.
Joystiq has contacted Electronic Arts for clarification.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One