Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. Patch 5.4 has been out for a week, and we now know who the new warchief is. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, I won't say here. But I do want to say Jaina Proudmoore is the best and as an avid Alliance player, I will follow her into the gates of hell itself. She is the hero the Alliance needs.
If you're avoiding spoilers, or just want to move on to other stuff, don't worry, there's still plenty of non-spoilery news to be had, patch-related and otherwise. Scheduled maintenance today is slated to begin at 5:00 a.m. PDT and last for 6 hours, so you should have time. Read on for the usual roundup on the latest news.
Hot news and features
- Check out the latest patch 5.4 hotfixes for September 11, September 12, and September 13.
- BlizzCon virtual tickets are now on sale.
- Garrosh was skimping on loot drops, and raids who killed him will be reimbursed.
- Shaohao reputation and Mogu Runes of Fate are now easier to get on the Timeless Isle.
- Flex Raid lockouts will now be tied to the bosses the raid leader has killed.
- Check out the official tier 16 armor previews.
- Nethaera recently offered some clarity on the upcoming Connected Realms feature.
- Missing those 5-mans? Ghostcrawler has hinted that they want more of them in the next expansion.
- Zarhym had a few words to say on the legendary cloak and the world boss it unlocks, Ordos.
- Wowhead has updated their patch 5.4 pet battle guide.
- Blizzard wants your WoW questions.
- You have until the end of the day to enter to win a copy of the new Warcraft graphic novel Bloodsworn.
- Blizzard will be releasing a series of villain-focused short stories soon.
- Anne is a little worried about Jaina. Warning, spoilers for 5.4's end game abound.
- We got to talk to Blizzard Historian Sean Copeland about a typical day at his job.
- Lichborne rounds up the patch 5.4 patch notes for death knights.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors delves into arms spec in patch 5.4.
- WoW Archivist looks back at the earliest days of WoW server population woes.
- Want to help a friend of family member get into WoW? We have a guide to making that happen.
- Starcraft Universe, a fan-created MMO-type game using the Starcraft II level editor, has hit its Kickstarter goal.
- Olivia discusses some of the problems with Hearthstone. Matt chimes in as well with some ideas for additional features.
- Know Your Lore discusses your character's legacy. We also discuss the history of the warchief in light of the newest person to take the throne and theorize on the possible future of the horde.
- We interviewed Fanny Vergne-Vincent, a 3D artist at Blizzard who helped put together the Siege of Orgrimmar raid.
- Activision-Blizzard will be lobbying the Senate on violence in video games.
- We interview the founder of Ability-Powered Gaming, a website which helps disabled gamers get the most from their gaming experience, including on WoW.
- Gamasutra takes a look at player character names in WoW.