We'd like to think that Massively readers are a unique bunch and should all be playing these games together, so we're going to do what we can to help that along. While we've done similar community pushes in the past, we want to present this current column as a more personalized approach to finding a guild or guildie. Think of it as a personals ad for the guildless or under-guilded.
Here's how it works: If you're looking for a guild, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "LFG" and tell me the following:
- The name of your game of choice
- Your usual play times (day and time of day)
- Your main character class
- Any alt classes you enjoy
- Your preferred playstyle
- What you would bring to a guild
- Your main character name or contact name in-game (will not be published)
The frequency of this column will depend on its popularity, so we're testing the waters right now. Ideally, we'd like to make this a weekly feature connecting several new people each time.
To help kick us off, we have two submissions from the staff:
- Game of choice: Lord of the Rings Online
- Play times: Weekdays, 8 p.m. EDT and later, occasional weekends.
- Main character: Hunter
- Alt classes: Guardian
- Playstyle: Grinding for max before Helm's Deep, would prefer dungeon groups, Tolkien-knowledgeable roleplay.
- What would you bring to the guild?: Ahhh, badassery? Grammatically correct guild chat? A warm body? You decide!
- Game of choice: PlanetSide 2
- Play times: Weekdays, 4-6 p.m. EDT; Weekday evenings after 10 p.m. EDT.
- Main character: Level 20 Engineer
- Alt classes: Medic, Infiltrator
- Playstyle: I mainly play support roles and especially like manning a turret in a vehicle or base.
- What would you bring to the guild?: Dependability and a desire to follow a strong leader. I can follow instructions and know the game enough to be a useful team player.