A new trailer for Rocksmith 2014 shows off a few of the mini-games coming to the game's Guitarcade mode. Introduced in the first Rocksmith, Guitarcade offers players a chance to improve their string-plucking skills while being challenged with retro-inspired micro-games such as the Galaga-like Ducks Redux.
Among the other Guitarcade challenges seen in the trailer are Scale Racers and Gone Wailin'. Scale Racers has players mastering scales while avoiding traffic in a police car chase, while Gone Wailin' forces guitarists to play louder or quieter to elevate a characters and collect coins. The last mini-game shown off is Return to Castle Chordead, a first-person shooter in which players strum chords on command to eradicate enemies.
Rocksmith 2014 launches in October for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One