In addition to its main adventure mode starring the belly-dancing genie Shantae, Half-Genie Hero will now feature a mode that features series antagonist Risky Boots as a playable character. If Half-Genie Hero's Kickstarter campaign reaches $600,000 in pledges by its deadline on Friday, WayForward will also add a bonus storyline chapter to the game, along with a new transformation ability. The project has earned over $513,000 to date.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is slated for release next year for the Wii U, PlayStation 3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC platforms via Steam.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Sony PlayStation Vita PCH-2000
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One