Yacht Club Games' platformer Shovel Knight, a mash-up of old-school aesthetics with new school sensibilities, got a fancy new trailer today to show off its 8-bit sound and style. Now, when are we going to get to play it?
"We're shooting for winter, but no specific release date to announce," Yacht Club's Sean Velasco told us. "When we know, we'll make sure to let you know too."
The game is currently available to pre-order for Steam PC, Mac and Linux for $15. Those interested in the Wii U and 3DS versions will need to wait a while longer and can rest assured it's not shovelware.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U