The massive information engine Wolfram Alpha just added a whopping 649 Pokémon to its database. For fans of the games, that fact is pretty cool all on its own, but if you happen to own an iPhone or an iPad with Siri, it's even more awesome. You see, thanks to Siri's ability to search Wolfram Alpha for information, your iDevice is now as close to a real-life Pokédex as you'll probably ever have.
In the Pokémon television shows, movies and games, the lead character always carries around the iconic, all-knowing Pokédex which responds to voice and searches for information on any pokémon that appears. Your iDevice now works the same way:
- Activate Siri
- Ask "Search Wolfram for [insert pokémon name here]"
- Watch as Siri provides you with a ton of information, including its history, physical characteristics, stats and even full-color images
That's it! It's a pretty nifty new feature for Pokémon fans, and combined with the fact that the new Pokémon X & Y titles just hit store shelves, it's a great time to be a Pokémaster.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6