The case comes with a lanyard so you can dangle it from your wrist, and it's available in four different color combinations: pistachio (bright green) and white, carbon (dark gray) and black, glacier (white) and gray, and soon primrose (pink) and white. Our review sample is the pistachio color, and it would be very easy to find if you dropped it while out in the great outdoors as it is very eye-catching.
I didn't have an iPhone 5 available for testing, so I wasn't able to try the case on an actual phone. However, I did do the watertightness test and can vouch that the inside of the case stayed dry after 30 minutes in water with a coffee mug on top of it. I'll be interested to see how OtterBox manages to create a Preserver that works with the Touch ID home button of the iPhone 5s -- perhaps the company will provide a sealable "door" for unlocking the phone with a finger? Who knows...
As with all of OtterBox's other case lines for iPhone, the Preserver series is solid and extremely well-built. Without the lanyard installed, the iPhone 5 model will add only two ounces to the weight of your phone. It will add some bulk to your phone in terms of size; there's just no way to get this type of protection in a slender case.
The new OtterBox Preserver Series case for iPhone 5 looks like another winner in the OtterBox lineup, providing water resistance and solid drop protection in an attractive package.
- Water resistant for up to 30 minutes in 2m of water
- Provides IP68 dust and debris protection
- Tested to withstand drops of up to 2m without harming the iPhone 5
- Comes with attachable wrist lanyard
- Only works with the iPhone 5 at this time; models for iPhone 5s and 5c are forthcoming
Who is it for?
- The outdoor enthusiast or swimmer who wants a phone case that can withstand drops and the occasional dunking
Have an iPhone 5? Want to keep it working well and looking brand new despite dropping it in water on occasion? We have a rugged OtterBox Preserver case for iPhone 5 with someone's name on it -- and it could be you.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before October 25, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive an OtterBox Preserver Series case for iPhone 5 valued at $89.95
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.