But I haven't always been a fan. Candied apples are just so big. Undeniably delicious for the first few bites, these sugar bombs always devolve into a sticky, gooey mess that's too much to finish and too messy to set down. Great -- now I'm walking around holding a stick with a gooey, half-chewed apple. Treated and then tricked, for sure.
This Hallow's End, I'm going to solve this problem for you: We're going to flex this apple raid down to size with miniature candied apples. They're quick and easy to make, and they're quick and easy to eat. And because this is the Well Fed Buff, after all, we can guarantee if you spend at least 10 seconds eating one, you'll gain 200 parry for one hour -- yep, you'll devour the apple off that little stick just that fast. And then you get to play with the little stick afterwards. New offhands for all!
Item level 90
Use: Restores 300000 health over 20 sec. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 200 parry for 1 hour.
Requires level 90
Max Stack: 20
Sell Price: 13 silver
Sold by: Grimthorn Redbeard <Fusion Food & Brews>
Miniature Candied Apples
- Tanks Apples (one apple makes about 8 mini apples), scrubbed but unpeeled
- DPS 4-inch lollipop sticks
- Healers Coating in spec of choice: butterscotch, peanut butter or chocolate chips, caramel candy
- Special raid tool Melon baller
- Apple tanks gather in the center of the raid area. The raid leader equips the melon baller and and scoops miniature apple rounds from the apple tanks.
- DPS players come in and attack the mini-apples with their lollipop sticks. Positioning is crucial; they should be attacking the skin side of the mini-apples.
- Meanwhile, healers should be channeling the coating in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted.
- Final phase: Once each group has completed its assignment, the entire group should reassemble to dip the mini-apples into the hot coating.
The raid leader can engage hard mode for this encounter by having an alchemist put down a Cauldron of Toppings, including cupcake sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or dark chocolate shavings.
- Players can choose to cover each mini-apple down to the stick or leave a portion of the skin showing at the bottom for a nice, crispy-fresh look.
- Breaking the sticks or cutting them in half at an angle makes it easier to poke them through the apple skin. Use caution with this method if you'll be bringing low-level players to the raid.
- Bank the loot on a sheet of wax paper or assign each piece to individual mini-cupcake liners.
- The coating will enrage if the final phase takes too long, becoming hard and sticking to the pan. Have the healers keep the coating temperature low and steady once it's melted. It's not necessary to rush, but don't draw out this phase of the encounter.
Happy Hallow's End!