Following the Opening Ceremonies, Chris Metzen sat down with the hosts (Kat Hunter and Geoff Keighley) and revealed a few new tidbits about the upcoming expansion.
- Garrosh Hellscream is not the end boss of the new expansion.
- However, Garrosh 'sets things in motion' with the aid of an unknown accomplice with mysterious time-travel abilities.
- Once put on trial, Garrosh escapes before he can be judged, and returns to Draenor in the past to prevent the one great mistake that led to the creation of the Old Horde - the drinking of the Blood of Mannoroth.
- At present, they don't know who will be the orcish faction leader. While Thrall is the obvious choice, Metzen would prefer Saurfang or Eitrigg "but we may change it later".
- Thrall will be using his hammer more in this expansion.