The extremely popular third-party Twitter client Twitterrific 5 has been updated with several new features, including a redesigned profile layout, a new pull-to-refresh animation, the ability to view banners with a tap and the ability to swipe up words on iPhoto and the image viewer to dismiss it.
Twitterrific has always been on point with adding new features and taking advantage of new iOS hardware and APIs. It was updated in September to support iOS 7's look and feel and again updated in October to support the 64-bit A7 chipset. The app has received critical acclaim for offering users features that the official Twitter client app lacks. Here's a complete list of all the improvements and bug fixes and the latest version of Twitterrific:
What's New in Version 5.5.3
• New layout for user profiles
• New pull-to-refresh animation
• View profile banners by tapping on them
• Swipe upwards on a photo in the image viewer to dismiss
• Various performance enhancements throughout the app
• Fixed a bug that prevented users from being displayed in people search
• Fixed a bug where the pull-to-refresh control would disappear
• Pinning the sidebar open on iPad doesn't prevent VoiceOver timeline access
• Reauthorization not needed after refreshing in the background while locked
• Scrolling past DMs and mentions now properly marks them as read
• Deleted tweets no longer re-appear after refreshing
• Fixes for various crash on launch issues
Twitterrific 5 is a universal app and for a limited time it's 50 percent off, so it will only cost you US$2.99.