Free-to-play fighter Soulcalibur: Lost Swords is now due in 2014, after originally being pinned to hit PS3 via PSN in winter 2013. The new release window was announced on the series' official Facebook page, and via two trailers from Namco Bandai Europe.
The two trailers showcase returning combatants Sophitia and Siegfried, but are essentially the same videos released by Namco Japan last month. As for the game, we do know that shirtless samurai Mitsurugi is another confirmed fighter, the game itself is limited to single-player, and that it runs on the next iteration of the Soulcalibur 5 engine. Beyond that, confirmed details are as difficult to find as the swords.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25