Prior to today, the developer's last update regarding the eShop port was in a tweet from November, in which it last stated that it is working to get approval from Nintendo. The spokesperson noted that "the [exact] launch window is up in the air as we are still going through testing."
How to Survive strands players on one of four islands, forcing them to gather items to stave off the threat of undead enemies. The game includes an item combination system, used to benefit the health and well-being of characters, solve puzzles and beat baddies. Players have the option of choosing between three playable characters with different strengths and weaknesses.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18