One of the downsides of making the transition to a streaming online/cable-free home is the lack of sports options available. Thankfully for UK Apple TV users, these options have just gotten a little better with the addition of the Sky Sports channel from Now TV. Sadly, the channel doesn't come cheap.
A day pass costs £9.99 and grants the user access to all six of Sky Sports channels, including its Sports News and F1 Racing options. Compared to the cost of a cable package, watching a few games a month starts to really add up, but for fans who only want to watch the odd event, it may make sense.
Apple TV has been making steady improvements in the last year. Just last week, the service added ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle and KORTV to its stable of channels.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16