As Gematsu reports, the official vagary from Namco is the delay was made to provide a "better" end product. Both games underwent beta testing in recent months, with a closed Ace Combat: Infinity beta ending yesterday in Japan.
Namco hasn't provided official word on what to expect from either game's microtransactions. In October, Ace Combat Brand Manager Kazutoki Kono told Joystiq going down the F2P route was "maybe a difficult call" given some apprehension from fans, but that he believed it would prove worthwhile and wouldn't affect Infinity's quality.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25