"For Dark Souls 2, we don't even expect any additional downloadable content because we want to deliver a full game, the full experience, to fans who purchase the package from day one," Miyazoe told Edge. "We did do additional content for Dark Souls, but generally downloadable content for Dark Souls 2 is not really being considered. Buy the package and you'll get the full experience, and you'll have as much fun as anybody else."
Continuing to buck modern gaming trends, Miyazoe also took a moment to deny the possibility of a free to play Dark Souls entry. "Spending a couple dollars on certain items does not help the experience. So no free-to-play yet!"
Dark Souls 2 makes its PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC debut on March 11, 2014.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One