"We don't intend to stop with this title, and after looking over its results, we'll think about what to do next," Nagoshi said.
While Nagoshi acknowledges smartphones would provide a wider install base, he's "very interested in seeing what happens" with Initial D on the 3DS. Aside from the 3DS' popularity with grade school students, Nagoshi believes there's also a chance on the platform with the older market.
Should Initial D's performance please Sega, Nagoshi also teased that the team has been thinking about what would work best for additional F2P titles on the 3DS.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27