Infinity Ward spilled the beans on the game's first DLC this week: Onslaught features four new maps, a new weapon in the form of the Maverick dual-purpose assault-rifle/sniper-rifle, and the first chapter of a four-part Extinction campaign.
The screenshot with the creepy trailer and campfire comes from the Fog map, and if you complete a certain field order in Fog, you get to become Michael Myers. What that means is you don the mask and axe, and other players (with sense) run away from you, all while the Halloween music plays. Sounds neat to us.
Onslaught hasn't got a long way to go before it hits Xbox One and Xbox 360 marketplaces on January 28 - no news yet on an ETA for other platforms.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One