Early Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that Apple was in talks with Time Warner Cable about a partnership that could produce an updated Apple TV in time for the holiday season. However, late in the day, it was announced that Comcast would be buying Time Warner Cable on Thursday in an all-stock deal. Where would this leave the rumored new Apple TV? Well, that's anyone's guess. (If you ask the WSJ, it's still in play.)
Other news from Wednesday afternoon includes:
- Apple has seeded the sixth beta of OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks to developers. The update focuses on Mail, Messages and graphic drivers, among other issues.
- A survey released Wednesday indicates that people are abandoning $13.5 billion in old iPhone hardware when they upgrade. Many of those items are being kept as spare devices, though 36 percent indicate that they simply don't know what to do with them.
- Flappy Bird? What Flappy Bird? Rovio's already teasing a new chapter in the life of the Angry Birds franchise.
And kick back with these features:
- A look at Apple's R&D expenditures from 1995-2013
- Protect your child's email experience with Tocomail for iOS
- This is how in-app purchases should be handled
- How to craft the perfect parallax wallpaper for your iPhone and iPad
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple iPhone 6