On February 21, Twitch user Bananasaurus_Rex (the gaming community really does have the best handles) set a new high-score record in developer Mossmouth's much-loved roguelike, Spelunky. The history-making run took seven and a half hours to complete, with a final tally of $3,105,850.
Bananasaurus is known in the Spelunky community for being the first recorded player to beat the game's final boss using an eggplant in single-player mode, as well as being the first recorded player to have killed the game's ghost monster. You can watch the $3.1 million run above.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation Vita PCH-2000
Microsoft Xbox One