This week's round of eShop releases is more for the retro-heads among you. For starters NES nostalgics can to take to different kinds of green in Adventure Island 2 (3DS) and NES Open Tournament Golf (Wii U), while fans of 1980s anime Mysterious Cities of Gold may be tempted by 3DS puzzle-adventure Secret Paths.
On the new releases side, puzzler Blok Drop U has one of the cheapest launch prices (if not the cheapest) you'll find on Wii U, or any console for that matter. It's also one of the first HTML5 games on the system, so we may see others pitched at similar prices.
Talking of low prices and retro, Runner2 is getting a sale starting next week on March 10: The rhythmic auto-runner slides from $15 to $5 until 9AM PT/midday ET on March 17.
- The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths (Ynnis Interactive, 1 player, $15)
- Adventure Island 2 (Konami, 1 player, $5)
- Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger (Microvalue, 1 player, $8)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U